Thursday, November 02, 2006

Results!!!!!!!!!!!

well i found out the results yesterday at 4:25pm but have been in utter shock. so i guess i can tell you what the results are now that i am able to type.

the results of the paternity test for

the baby in question

My hubby

IS NOT

the Father!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do I feel? you ask. Well where to begin. I had this sinking feeling from the beginning because I thought that his attitude was telling me that he WAS the father BUT i didn't want to read into anything without PROOF!!

He was suppose to pick me and the kids up from our daughter's school but he wasn't going to make it in time so we just walked home. We beat him home because he went to the grocery store first to buy OJ and some other little goodies. Still I wasn't trying to read into anything. We had to sit outside the house until he got here because I still don't have the key for the bottom outside gate lock.

After he put the groceries away, I was sitting on the couch with our kids and was just waiting for him to tell me BUT he handed me the envelope and walked away. My heart was beating outside of my skin so it felt and I was shaking but I didn't know what the results were. So I started reading and when I finally got the bottom there in black & white was those magic lines:
Parenting Index: Approximately 0
Probability of Paternity: Approximately 0%


I know that most of you would like for me to leave my hubby but I am not at that point in my life right now. I know he has done all that there is possible to warrant me to leave short of child molestation and murder... did i say that right? He has not done the last two things. Plus I don't want to make a decision based off of unfounded feelings too. I mean when I didn't know if this was his child and while I was waiting for the results, I told everyone that if he were the father that I would have no other choice but to leave because I don't think that it would be fair to me or my children to have to share him with another woman and child. There wasn't any other conclusion that I could find rational even in my pregnant hormonal state.

I know that you say that I should look into the future and see that this can happen again... the cheating... but if i were to think that he could think that of me also. I did cheat on him when we first got together 8 years ago. We had been together for like 2 weeks and I slept with my ex-boyfriend. Hubby and I broke up but then we got back together again because he really cares for me. I know the situation is different because we are married with children when he decided to do but if we were to go off the old saying... once a cheat, always a cheat... that would mean that i would cheat on him again. i haven't and don't plan on cheating on him again so I am giving him the benefit of the doubt that he wouldn't do it again for fear that he may get the girl pregnant.

Well, he and I finally talked this afternoon about everything. How he's feeling and all that. He said that when he got to the office and looked at the baby, he knew that wasn't his child. I guess the nurse lady gave him the results in an envelope and he gave them to "S" to read and she read them to him and his reactions was like.. "what??!!!" and she read them again to him. He took the paper from her and looked at it and saw the results and he said that it felt like a huge gorilla had jumped off of his back. He didn't know how to react because he wanted to jump up and down but then he didn't want to act an ass.

He could tell that she was upset and tried to console her. He told her that she needs to call guy#1 and let him know that he has a child. I guess there was only the two of them as originally stated from when this all first came out. He asked her if she really thought that this was his child and she said "no!". he told her, yes you did because if you didn't you would have told your mother the truth. she cried of course and asked him if wanted to keep the results and he said, yep i'll make a copy for you!

so now we enter the next phase of this relationship. the recovery, heal and rebuild phase. i already have set in my mind that now the ball is completely in his court regarding whether we stay together or not. i have given him all the chances in the world and now he has to be on the up and up. how does the old saying go... fool me once shame on me, fool me twice shame on you, sorry there won't be a third time. he has used up all of chances/ strikes. i will be well within my rights to leave if he messes up again.