Tuesday, June 26, 2007

When is Enough, Enough?

I know I have asked this question before but this for a total different reason now. Let me begin at the beginning sort of speak. It all started Mother's Day. My hubby went to Magic Mountain supposedly with his brother. He left our house on Saturday morning at about 11am but didn't return home until almost 3am Sunday morning. When he did arrive home I was really upset and I didn't want to get into an argument so I got the baby and stuff to sleep on the couch. Well that was the wrong thing to do because it appears that my hubby didn't like that idea too much. He gets up all pissed and acting like a fool. I asked him why it took so long for him to get home when I know the park closed at 11pm. He gave me some BS excuse about it took a long time to drive home. While I do know that it takes a minute to get here but 4 hours was ridiculous.

So he gets to yelling and screaming. Then it was like out of a scary domestic violence movie. He got all in my face and then he began to grab me really hard and started shoving me around. It scared the living daylights out of me. It was like he was possessed or something. I was scared and i didn't know what to do. But then my youngest son came out of his bedroom because he heard the commotion and said "Daddy no hit Mommy! Daddy Bad!! No Hit Mommy!" and it was like a light turned on in my head. He then picked me up by my throat and was choking me and I was like, I can not believe this. So I said to him, "so you are going to choke me in front of our son?" and he said with no hesitation and soulless, "Yes I am going to choke you!". Then it was like something came over me and I picked up our vacuum cleaner and hit him with it. He stopped but took ALL the phones and house keys, so I wasn't able to call the cops or even get out of the house.

When I finally was able to get a phone I took me and the children and left because I felt that was not acceptable. We stayed away for a few days to let him think about what he did and for me to decide if it was worth coming back too. So I decided that I would come back but that seems like that was a horrible thing to do because of what happened the day after father's day... but you will have to stay tuned for that post as I don't have time to write about that just yet.

Until next post...